Monday, October 08, 2007

The Wire's Fourth Season (Season 4) Is Coming To DVD; Release on December 4, 2007


There are many people on the internets that hate me and think I'm a moron because of this Wire-related post I wrote about 8 months ago. Nonetheless, I stand by my points.

However, dozens of Google searches about the Wire's fourth season DVD have inexplicably brought people to this page. This post is for all of those people. It's finally official: The Wire Season 4 will be released on DVD on December 4, 2007, as originally predicted. I am almost certain that the new season will premiere shortly afterwards. The DVDs have never been exorbitant with their special features and have usually featured only a few commentaries. I don't expect this trend to change but hopefully they'll pull out the stops for this fifth and last season....

If you haven't seen "The Wire," you are doing yourself a disservice. Pick up the DVD sets now, seasons 1-4, (they are way cheap now and definitely worth the price) and catch up before the fifth season wraps up next year. I am not exaggerating when I say that "The Wire" is constantly in the process of making TV history in a good way, and will be until its eventual end.

No comments: