Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Lessons Learned from the Syriana DVD Contest

Hey all,

The Syriana DVD contest is over! The winner has been contacted and the DVD has been sent.

Two important lessons I learned during the course of this contest:

1) Subscription e-mails will include posts that have been published AND UPDATED by me. This means that many of you got some really old posts in your e-mail subscriptions (due to the fact that I updated a bunch of my old posts recently). If this happened to you, please accept my sincerest apologies, but there's nothing I can do about this.

2) If you want to entice people to subscribe to your blog using a contest, give away something more valuable than a Syriana DVD.

All that being said, thanks to everyone who participated. Next time, I'll give away something more valuable (and don't worry, having won once doesn't invalidate you from winning again down the line, so feel free to stay subscribed if you like the blog).

As always, I appreciate your readership.

-Dave

No comments: